If I thought 2018 was low year for me, then 2019 turned out to be lowest one of my life when it comes to the number of films I watched.. It was 23 hindi movies that I saw in theatre, along with 4 Netflix/AmazonPrime series and 1 Netflix movie. Guess the addiction for the digital platform and bit of laziness, a month of poor health all added up.

Talking of series, I loved Mirzapur, can't wait to see where they take the characters in 2nd season. Delhi Crime was slightly low in middle episodes but as a whole a pretty good watch, with few very hardhitting episodes. Sacred Games2 was a massive disappointment while The Family Man started and ended on a promising note, if only it was consistent throughout. Also, saw Soni, a slow but good take on the ladies cops.

Coming to the best films of the year, it was a very weak or I can say the weakest year to end the decade. Somehow I managed to find 10 films that makes my list, sadly I couldn't make time to watch Super30, Manikarnika and few others but whenever I do I will try to update the list in future..

Gully Boy was the easiest pick as top movie even though I wasn't fully satisfied, Zoya Akhtar had ample chance to make it more hardhitting, the album specially deserved that. Chhichhore is a surprise 2nd, mainly because I never had any expectations from it but Nitish Tiwari delivers after the Dangal heroics. Dreamgirl is very much a guilty pleasure and I have no shame in admitting it.

Not going to post 'Performances of the year', so among the films I saw, the ones that stood out were - Ranveer Singh (Gully Boy), Vicky Kaushal (URI The Surgical Strike), Hrithik Roshan (War), Geetika Vidya Ohlyan (Soni), Ayushmann Khurrana (Article 15), Alia Bhatt (Gully Boy), John Abraham (Batla House) and Naveen Polishetty (Chhichhore)

Here's my Complete list -


Top10 Hindi Movies of 2019 : 


1. Gully Boy
2. Chhichhore
3. DreamGirl
4. Badla
5. Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota
6. URI - The Surgical Strike
7. Article 15
8. Batla House
9. Soni
10. Luka Chuppi

Romeo Akbar Walter, Section 375 and Kesari miss out..


Worst Hindi Movies of 2019 : 

1. Kalank
2. The Accidental Prime Minister
3. Pagalpanti

Just listed 3 this year due to less movies I saw, but these three were very torturous to sit through.. Marjaavaan and PM Narendra Modi would definately had made their way in worst category, guess I in a way consider myself lucky to not see both those movies.


Most Disappointing Hindi Movies of 2019 : 

1. Bala
2. Kabir Singh
3. Photograph

Ayushmann irritated with another similar kind act with only change been the subject. I just felt no connect with Kabir Singh though I dont belong to the section who bashed it for the way love is portrayed in it, and Photograph just needed tight editing as it felt way too slow to sit through till the end despite a likeable chemistry between Nawazuddin and Sanya.