Happy Birthday to Shahrukh Khan who turned 45 this Nov2nd. He has always been no.2 all time fav actor of mine, ofcourse no.1 is not Aamir Khan but Amitabh Bachchan. So, here I am going to conduct a different kinda of interview where questions will be asked by me and answered by me only, and every question will be related to Shahrukh. Lets start!


How did your love for Shahrukh Khan started ? 
Hmm, it started during the release of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. I remember how I use to madly watch the film daily, infact 3 times in 3 days I saw it on T.V. Another funny incident is that, one of my school friend told that the film is like dil toh pagal hai due to which I didnt have much craze to see the film. But somehow luckily I made mind to see it when it was coming on T.V and rest is history. Since then not only I have loved watching Shahrukh films but also my love for hindi films or madness for hindi films started.

How was his performance in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai ?
Very Good, he has always been excellent when it comes to portraying romantic characters and this one comes in top5.. actually no.1 shahrukh's romantic film for me.

What do you like the most about Shahrukh ? 
His dedication towards his acting. He is a very hard-working actor as read in many interviews of various directors. He himself said it too that he loves everything about acting. Most important, he enjoys it as a profession. Also, I love his sense of humour seen at many award functions or talk shows like koffee with karan. I love the fact that he is daring, if anyone says anything wrong about him, he wont keep away from giving a hard reply. In all, he is a perfect person... though smoking is one aspect he could have a control on.

Do you consider yourself a Shahrukh Fan ? Have you made any collections regarding him ? 
I would say that I am a fan of his work. I aint like the normal Shahrukh fans who will start abusing you if you say anything against Srk. I do believe Shahrukh has his shortcomings like he aint good at action roles. I like many other actors too, so its hard to say which actor I am fan of. But still after Amitabh, the name I take is of Shahrukh only. Regarding collections, I havent done anything of that sort. Though, I would love to have a poster of Shahrukh probably a romantic one with Kajol.

People say that Shahrukh is a over-rated actor, he is not versatile.. What you say ?
Its their opinion. Though I cant really respect it because the truth is, he is a versatile actor. You can say that he does romantic roles a lot but then those romantic roles have many different shades. Except for 2-3 times, he has mostly done different roles. Ya, I agree films like Swades, Chak de India etc fall completely in different zone but then that is the case with other actors too. So, people have just made it a excuse to show their hatred towards Shahrukh, nothing else.

You didnt like Don.. If original Don was done by someone else than Amitabh would you still have not liked Shahrukh's Don ?
Yea, I still wont have liked it. Though, I dont think anyone else would had done full justice to old don other than Amitabh. But even if someone did, the point is making a new film with same old story and add to it same songs and dialogues. How can then you expect to like the new film when the same stuff you had really loved with other actor-director combo. Its hard not to make comparisons in such cases. Shahrukh surely made the Don look stylish but new dialogues/situations would had been better. Leaving asides the climax and aaj ki raat song, there was just nothing new and exciting about the film.

Which are the over-rated and under-rated films of Shahrukh ? 
I wont say over-rated. Over rated is a touch rude word but there are films which I feel didnt deserve to be Blockbusters or Super-Hits like Om Shanti Om.. I never liked its 2nd half so it was a good watch and deserved Hit tag at maximum. Then, Dil toh Pagal Hain, it was a good film but the melodrama was bit on the higher side.
Among under-rated films, its Dil Se .. I think its flop film, one of best films I have seen ever, among my personal top10. Then, Kabhi alvida na Kehna is under-rated too, people couldnt understand Dev and Maya characters unfortunately and hence film didnt work. And lastly My name is Khan, this time people had funny excuses to dislike film, some said such message films have come before while some were busy finding comparisons to terrorism films.

Which are your Top5 Shahrukh Films ? 
In order it would be, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Chak de India, Dil Se and Veer Zaara. Rest films are close too.

And your fav Top5 songs filmed on Shahrukh ? 
This one is tough but I will answer it. In order it will be : Tu mere Saamne (Darr), Zara tasveer se tu (Pardes), Chaiyya Chaiyya (Dil Se), Humko humhi se chura lo (Mohabbatein) and Tere liye (Veer Zaara). Also, Special Mention to - Abhi ishq ke imtihaan aur bhi the Background Theme from Dil Se, one of my all time favourite and amazingly used in film at various places.

Which actress looked best with Shahrukh apart from Kajol ? 
Rani probably, films like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai,Chalte Chalte (me yet to see it,opinion based on photos), Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna. Preity probably comes next with films like Kal ho na Ho and Veer Zaara. Even Aishwarya was wonderful in Mohabbatein. Also, many debutant actresses have got great start to their career like Mahima,Deepika etc.

How did you find Shahrukh as a host in Kaun Banega Crorepati ?
I hardly saw the shows then, but I did see 1-2 episodes to know how he was. I will say that he was very good but the format dissappointed me like gale milna and all stuff. Also, Shahrukh was too friendly in the sense using "Tu" or "Tum" with elders too which didnt look good on screen.

Which are your Fav alltime three scenes of Shahrukh ? 
Firstly, Dil se Climax scene where Shahrukh asks Manisha to take him with her, brilliantly executed and performed. Second, Pardes climax as here Shahrukh's shows his anger to Amrish Puri who he respects and is like his Dad but is unaware of truth regarding his own son which he shows there. Third, Kuch Kuch hota hai dance scene between Shahrukh and Kajol, it was very romantic and lovely use of title tune in it.

Which was the last Shahrukh film that you loved ? 
My name is Khan. It was very well directed film by Karan, excepted for the final 20 mins that were hurried and not properly told. I specially loved the message of film - There are only 2 kinds of people, good and bad, nothing else, no other division.

Do you think Shahrukh has aged up now to do certain roles ? 
Not really, though his smoking surely is having some effect to his face. Salman and Aamir do look younger then him. But, these artists can use make-up and live a character with ease. Only thing I am waiting to see is, will Shahrukh follow the steps of Amitabh after 15 years and succeed or not in the roles he gets at that age.

What would you like to see in Future from Shahrukh ? 
Probably, few more films like Dil Se, Chak de India to keep the haters impressed! .. And possibly one film atleast on the lines of Darr, its been a while since he did a negative role (Don was remake, so doesnt qualify). Also, I hope his relations gets back to normal with Salman otherwise a film with Salman wont happen in future too.


With that, the interview comes to a end. In the language of Rab ne bana di jodi, "Self Interview" comes to a end.

Happy Birthday to Shahrukh once again! ;)