Due to lack of time and other priorities, I am gonna just post my short views on the films I watch. Will try my best to return back to normal long analysis posting once I get free maybe mid year or end of 2020. But, will make sure I do post on every movie till then even if its just 3-4 lines.


Chhapaak
Directed by : Meghna Gulzar
Imdb link -> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9614460/

Silent pyaar... 




I was expecting a very hardhitting movie, when I came to know about this new movie of Meghna Gulzar, with Deepika in lead and also starring Vikrant Massey with story about real life incident of a acid attack survivor. But when the trailer was out, I knew this won't be on that level, and I was right, Chhapaak just never reaches to the point it should. Moreover, it feels like Meghna was trying too hard to show 2 stories, one about the incident and other how she has managed to live with all the struggles initally and enjoy the life.  That just made less impact on me, a linear narration or focus on just one aspect would had worked. Also, for me Deepika's performance didn't work much (No, it has nothing to do with her JNU visit, I aint that stupid and give low rating for that). Have enjoyed Meghna's previous two movies completely but this one just fails to make a mark on me except for the quite haunting title track and some good directed scenes.
My Rating : 5/10



Tanhaji : The Unsung Warrior
Directed by : Om Raut
Imdb link -> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8108274/

Teri mitti jazbaat se judi hai aur meri akkal paani se.. tu jaan de sakta hai, main jaan le sakta hoon.


It takes a while for the story to get going almost like 20-25 mins before Tanhaji comes to know the intentions of Udaybhan Singh. All the scenes between Tanhaji and Udaybhan makes for a great watch including the climax. I specially loved Saif as Udaybhan doing all the evil stuff, minus the crocodile eating sequence which was quite yuck to see. I understand Kajol was necessary to have a romantic angle but if I was the director, I would had preferred showing more of Udaybhan, and maybe buildup towards the final battle. Liked the use of 'Ghamand kar' track's catchy tone at many places in narrative. Its a decent movie still with a enjoyable final 30 mins!
My Rating : 6/10


Jawaani Jaaneman
Directed by : Nitin Kakkar
Imdb link -> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9248952/

I hate phonecalls .. 


Its fun watching Saif Ali Khan's character trying to act young despite knowing he is old now, and so is his hilarious dance sequence to a old classic song(I forgot the name). Alaya Furniturewala is good in her debut, Tabu is totally wasted, hardly gets 3-4 scenes in total, same case with talented actors like Farida Jalal and Kumud Mishra  Its the poor writing and the drama sequences that don't work because the characters has too much of sameness going in the narration. Oh but the interval sequence was one of most wierd and bizarre scenes I have ever seen with a irritating chorus of 'No Music'. Chunky Pandey looked slim in the movie, but still in his over-acting avatar. The subplot of property buying felt useless and just derails the screenplay further. If not for Saif Ali Khan, this would had been quite a torture, the father-daughter dynamic had scopes but the execution generates no emotion, watchable once at the most.
My Rating : 4/10