Directed by : Shlok Sharma, Siddharth Gupta, Anirban Roy, Rohit Pandey and Neeraj Ghaywan



I have liked very few short films that I have seen till now, everytime the story fails to create a impact because it ends too abruptly or quickly. The same trend continues here with 3 of the five stories not clicking for me.

That makes me wonder if the films that are loved in festivals, are not the ones I associate with. Or I am generalising too much. Maybe if I happen to make a short movie, I might change my views.

Sujata works for me little bit for the topic it covers, relationship between a young girl and her cousin brother. But the problem is, all happens quickly.. I needed more scenes of the trauma she goes through, before she takes  revenge. Huma Qureshi does well in this story, though not among her best for me.

Epilogue totally went out of my head, the treatment was way too creative for my liking. Didnt like it at all. I kept waiting for this story to end.

Audacity was the 1st short that showed signs of 'finally kuch acha/awesome type ka dikh raha', but what a poor ending it has.

Mehfuz was too slow, Nawazuddin was good in a role that slightly looked inspired from Taxi Driver (to me)..  Again, too less a time to make a impact.

Shor turned out to be the one that I loved almost fully, only that final scene spoiled it a touch.. and the fact that Vineet once again talks in same lingo I have seen him in Gow and Bombay Velvet... making it not look anything new. But the female lead and the train sequence made it a lovely watch.


Overall, Shorts doesn't offer anything that would force me to watch it again someday.