Directed by : Roland Emmerich
Imdb link -> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2334879/


Cale (Channing Tatum) goes to White House along with his daughter Emily (Joey King) for a interview to be a guard of President (Jamie Foxx). But he fails the interview, the irony is that white house gets attacked while he is checking history presentation of the house with his daughter. Now, he has to show his skills and save President, his daughter and every person that is inside the white house.

I dont know why but watching Jamie Foxx kept reminding me of Django Unchained, that affected concentration to certain level. Some of his scenes with Channing were humurous, specially when he is made to do things which a President wont have to do in normal cirumstances.

What the film lacked was dramatic moments, and good twists. The motive behind the attack isnt shown convincingly. Also, I would had liked to see more of Jason Clarke.

I liked Joey King the most, while Jamie Foxx and Channing Tatum were good at best.


White House Down would probably count among the films that I may watch again but I may not be interested to watch category. Its good timepass but nothing worth spending 2 hrs.