Great year for the music too, some very good quality music. Sneha Khanwalkar was the star of the year in music, both singer and composer wise. AR Rahman and Gulzar didn't exactly deliver the kind of album I expected from them, still good enough to be in my top6. Also, great year for Pritam.. 3 of his albums features in my list. The theory is same 'You can love him, hate him but can't ignore his music'.

Here's a look at my Top10 albums of the year :

1. Gangs of Wasseypur II

When most composers go for routine songs, Sneha Khanwalkar opted for experiments and new singers that included Chi cha ledar sung by 12 yr old. Not just that, her vocals in 'Kaala Rey' haunted me for continuous hours when I heard it 1st time. Taar  Bijlee and Aabroo were other gems in the album. Also, Moora and Keh ke lunga mix play their parts plus the instrumentals for various characters, Bahut khoob and Perpendicular theme being the best among them. She is a composer whose songs I would eagerly await in future just like the case for A R Rahman.

2. Shanghai 

2nd time in a row Vishal Shekhar album makes it to my top5, to be precise didn't miss the no.1 position by much. 'Bharat mata ki jai' and 'Imported Kamariya' got my attention straightaway, wonderful dance numbers (if I can call it that) with deep lyrics. But the real gems in the album that I discovered much later were Dua and Khudaaya. Excellent compositions all of them. Khudaaya even had a well thought of video released on it. My most personal fav song would remain Dua, very emotional.

3. Barfi 

One of best albums by Pritam, composed or stolen.. the songs are worth to listen for years. Main kya karoon and Kyon are my most favs, the former dealing with feelings one gets during 1st love and the latter on what life offers you despite you trying to run away. Aashiyan representing the second chance life offers you beautifully. Then, there's Arijit Singh's Saawali si Raat and Mohit's Ala Barfi to add to it. Only Phir le aaya dil failed to make any mark on me.

4. Gangs of Wasseypur

O Womaniya and Hunter among the innovative compositions by Sneha Khanwalkar. The amazing background used in Aey Jawanon. Piyush Mishra's terrific rendition to Ik Bagal. The bihari touch in Manoj Tiwari's Jiya Tu. The revenge song Keh ke lunga with wonderful lyrics and Amit + Sneha vocals makes it superb. Bhoos goes very well with the film too. My most favs being O womaniya, Keh ke lunga and Aey jawanon. Sneha's experiments makes this album a must listen for real music lovers.

5. Cocktail

Another quality album from Pritam, Tumhi Ho Bandhu was catchy right from the 1st time I heard it, wonderfully sung by Kavita Seth.. won't be surprised if she wins any award for it. Second Hand Jawaani, a fun song and very much addictive. Daaru Desi adds to the list of good songs based on friendship. Main Sharabi though not used in film, was  one of my fav songs along with Jugni which is superbly sung by Arif and Harshdeep. Luttna and Tera naam japdi have good punjabi flavour. Yaariyan only song that I didn't like.

6. Jab Tak Hai Jaan 

Rahman + Gulzar combo didn't quite set up the music on fire as it should had. Even repeated listenings didn't help. Had I not loved the songs with the movie, it was possible the album would had missed my top10. Except for Javed ali's title song which sadly had no yashji visuals, every song was visually too good. Challa by Rabbi my most favourite without a single doubt, wonderfully sung by him and Gulzar feel in it. Saans I finally loved but still some reservations against the line 'saans mein teri saans mili toh mujhe saans aayi hai'. Shilpa Rao is fantastic in Ishq Shava, also I had loved Ishq Dance instantly. Heer goes well with movie, Harshdeep gives punjabi touch to it very aptly. Neeti Mohan's voice in Jiya Re was wonderful, could be regular in future Rahman albums, she's got hatke voice which always appeals me.

7. Vicky Donor 

Paani Da Rang, super romantic punjabi song sung by Ayushmann Khurana.. makes me wonder how it didn't appeal to me at first. Kho Jaane De and Mar Jayian aren't far away in their romantic appeal.  Vishal Dadlani rendition to Mar Jayian is very good. Rum Whisky and Rokda are good especially with movie. Abhishek-Akshay as composers have created one of the romantic albums of the year that has punjabi feel in most of the songs.

8. AkaashVani

Thanx to the film, this album makes a surprise entry in my final top 10 list, that too at 8th position. A complete romantic album with 3 fultoo romantic tracks, Kay Kay's superb rendition in Padh Gaye Ji supported by Sunidhi Chauhan, Nikhil D'Souza's soft number Bas Main Aur Tu and Thomson-Sharmali's naughty romance in Rumani. Shafaqat Amanat Ali's emotional number Tera Mera Naam and Vishal-Sunidhi mad romance in Crazy Lover makes it an all-out album. Very good work by Hitesh Sonik, and also Luv Ranjan's lyrics are worth a mention. My most favs are Padh Gaye Ji and Rumani. 

9. Agent Vinod 

3rd Pritam album in the list, he did have a good year. Dil Mera Muft ka was easily best item song of the year. Pungi sung by Mika everytime reminds of Saif's funny dance moves. I will do the talking tonight by Neeraj Sridhar gave another good dance number. Among various Raabta versions, I liked Aditi Singh Sharma one, still it was a song I lease liked in album. My fav in the album easily was the Agent Vinod theme track, amazing beats and very catchy.

10. Talaash

Ram Sampath's next album after Delhi Belly and it pretty much lives upto the expectations. Suman Sridhar has that sensuous + cute feel in her voice, Muskaane Jhooti Hai sung by her is my most fav from the album. Jee Le Zara by Vishal Dadlani another good song, at first I felt he sang in high pitch but repeated listening changed my view. Ram Sampath's Hona Hai Kya gets its worth with the movie the most. Laakh Duniya Kahe is decent, while  Jiya Laage Na kind of songs never interest me.



Albums that just missed my top10 list : Ishaqzaade, Blood Money, Jannat2, London Paris New York and Rowdy Rathore,