Vishal Bharadwaj and Balaji co-producing together for 1st time, and directed by Kannan Iyer. When I read the plot of the movie that its based on a famous magician played by Emraan Hashmi whose parents were killed by Daayan and the Daayan intends to return back to haunt him, whether its just his hallucinations that needs psychiatric help or it is really the Daayan. This story got me interested straightaway.

The trailer is decent, some very good shots like the one that introduces Emraan with his magic trick, or the description Emraan gives about Daayan through his narration. And the 'chotti' scene, I think it was probably Konkana. Huma Quereshi has just one scene in trailer, and how effective she looks in it alone. Also, great to see Konkana Sen back, one of my fav actress which further increases my curiosity towards this movie. The Kalki horror scene (which I am assuming is a dream sequence) kind of spoiled trailer for me, I don't like such shots. Also, the lines or mantra Daayan recites was just not understandable.

Emraan Hashmi was quite the usual, seen him in such roles many times. Hope this feeling doesn't come while watching the movie.

What interested me the most in the trailer was the dark feel it had, the camera angles taken (specially that 1st shot) and the background score. How good the genre is handled by the director is left to be seen now and how good the script is as mostly horror films have something stupid in it.

Music is by Vishal Bharadwaj and lyrics Gulzar.. so expecting some great stuff in that department too.

One good thing about the trailer though was, it doesn't reveal much, as a result keeps me curious for more.

Pracheen vidhvaano ka kehna tha ki, Daayan ki saari shakti uski chotti mein hi bandh rehti hai ...