Last Updated on : 2nd Nov, 2013



My most loved movies : 
Dil Se > Veer Zaara > Chak de India  > Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge > Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Disliked movies : 
Chennai Express, Don, Ra.One, Om Shanti Om, Billu

Yet to watch : 
Hey Ram, Paheli, Ashoka the Great, Swades, Devdas, Yes Boss, Chalte Chalte and few more.

Fav songs : 
Zara sa jhoom lun (DDLJ), Ae ajnabee (Dil se), Zara tasveer se tu (Pardes), Jaane kyun (Veer Zaara), Jiya re (Jab Tak Hai Jaan), Humko humhi se chura lo (Mohabbatein)

Best scene : 
Church scene (DDLJ), Madan-Ajay laugh (Baazigar), Arjun truth (Pardes), Rain Sequence (KKHH), 1-2-3 smile eeee (KHNH), Veer Zaara seperation (Veer Zaara), Meghna leaves Amar (Dil Se), Afshaq Miya ke (Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham), Samar wants to re-marry Meera (Jab Tak Hai Jaan)

Fav Jodi : 
Kajol in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham


Shahrukh is a special actor for me mainly for the reason that he started the movie keeda hidden inside me, else who knows today I may not be watching movies at all. He's like that childhood hero everyone has. Ofcourse with time people mature, so I too see all his bad aspects now without ignoring them. He lacks consistency of doing great characters unlike other top actors like Aamir or Manoj or Ranbir these days,  but he knows how to make you fall in love with his character time and again, last time he did it for me was in Jab Tak Hai Jaan.

He has done 60 movies till now, out of which I love his performances in 19 of those movies while I haven't seen 15 of his films yet, might not actually watch most of them as I know they aren't good.  The ratio of films that I love is much more than the ones I hate or dislike.

I don't remember whether I saw Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge first or Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, and which one I loved more. Even now, I find it hard to choose one out of them, somehow both are special for me.

He has played obsessed lover, nice lover, angry lover, romantic lover and sadistic lover. Easily one of best romantic heroes ever, a genre he has made his own.  I love 'Dil Se' most, and his performance was one of the main reason for it, Amar madly in love with Meghna following her everywhere. There's a style he brings in his performances, special mention to the way he delivers his dialogues in 'Don2'.

With Yashji he gave me two films that I love a lot, 'Veer Zaara' and 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan'. As Veer, he played the fallen in love but ready to sacrifice for sake of his love brilliantly. Though he over-acted in some parts of Jab Tak Hai Jaan, I couldn't help myself loving Samar for loving Meera and daring to go against God too.

He's sweet in his earlier movies like 'Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa', 'Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman' and 'Chamatkar', though I couldn't love him much in them. As a villian, he showed great potential in 'Baazigar' and 'Darr', how he improvises in most of the scenes in Darr is something to see. Anjaam is another of my fav performance in negative role, which many people don't talk of.

In the fantasy romantic genre like 'Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge' that I love a lot, many girls dream of Raj in real life which I doubt they will get, keep trying though. Then, there's 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', that famous dialogue 'hum ek baar jeete hai, ek baar marte hai', and my fav one 'pyar dosti hai'. 'Dil Toh Pagal Hai' is probably one of least liked movies for me in this category, but there were many worth watching scenes in the movie and the songs too, the way Shahrukh breaks into the 'mujhko huyi na khabar' song. 'Mohabbatein' worked only for the chemistry he had with Amitabh Bachchan, the war between love and hatred. I actually miss this pair a lot, they were great in 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham' too, and some nice moments in Kank also, that scene 'beta hass liya karo thora, mar nahi jayoge'. His performance in 'Kal Ho Na Ho' was fantastic, though interestingly its one of his film that I have seen the least for no particular reasons.

'Kabhi Alvida na Kehna', 'Chak de India' and 'My name is Khan' are three of his best off-beat movies. Kank was one of my favs for it explored the theme of love after marriage, a strong subject which most of Indians couldn't accept. The way he played frustrated kinda of a loser character, who finds almost everything irritating since the accident he has, made people hate his character, which was a win for his performance. The other time such hatred comes towards his character was in 'Hum Tumhare Hai Sanam', though that film I don't like much.

 'Chak De India' was and probably will remain best birthday gift ever of my life. A shahrukh film that every non-srk lover appreciated too, was a great sight for me then. Plus, some good memories attached with it. My name is Khan unfortunately reminds me of bad memories, and same for Rab ne Bana di Jodi, still loved how he did the autistic character, and that innocence he shows in  'mandira main waapis kab aayun'.

Its the masala movies where I have found problem with him, be it Om Shanti Om where he completely irritates in 2nd half or the worst film of his life 'Chennai Express' where he over-acted in almost 90% of the movie to which our idiot audience gave thumbs up with the 200 cr record.  Then, there's Billu and Ra.One where I very much disliked him.

I hope he doesn't take any more re-makes like Don, but would love to see him take Don franchise to as far as possible. Also, a darr kinda of negative shade role has been pending since so long. Another thing I would like is to see him do a mature love story now, where he plays his age, and please not a masala movie.

I guess he still has more movies left in his career that will be madly loved by me, hopefully the list in this post will get updated in future. Swades and Devdas are my next to watch films in coming months.

He may not be a perfect actor, but he has that special screen presence whenever you watch him on big screen, you like to just love his character more often than not. If he does more films with the talented directors out of the usual camp he has got, then I am sure the good off-beat films list would increase too. Yes, he does over-acts at times, but he is still very much a lovable actor for me whenever he does good work.