Directed by : Anees Bazmee
Imdb link -> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9495690/

Tera bimaar mera dil, mera jeena hua mushkil.. 


Spoilers ahead.. 


Raj Kishore (John Abraham) is considered to bring bad luck to anyone he tries to work with.

Thats basically the main one line plot around which director Anees Bazmee and the writers tried to construct a 2 hr 30 mins long movie which not to my surprise fell flat right from the first firecracker sequence that tries to be funny but isn't, just like the rest of the movie.

If I had to count the number of times I laughed at the comedy scenes, then I would struggle naming 5 such instances. Pagalpanti just fails to deliver, lacks good punchlines and tries to use 'madness' to escape the fact that the film didn't deserve to be made once the writing team (whatever mood they were in while writing) got it done. Makes me wonder why don't such films ever get shelved and interesting ones usually do.

I totally felt like banging my head somewhere when in a scene out of no-where Patriotism comes out of every character, as if saying we are failing in the comedy department lets try this out to let the frustrated looking audience in theatre cheer up, well better luck next time!

Looking at the positives, there's Arshad Warsi who gets some laughs in few scenes specially that singham lion pose. Then, the glamor quotient was good, clearly both Kriti (plays a irritating dumb girl role) and Urvashi (another aatma role) were casted for that and not anything else. And Urvashi's 'Bimar Dil' (re-created version from Sridevi's 'Chaalbaaz') was actually quite likeable, guilty pleasure I guess I will call it.

When you got nothing to say about Anil Kapoor and Saurabh Shukla's performance, then that itself sums up a movie! Ileana is totally wasted in a nothing role and a very less screen-time, maybe she declined to be glamdoll like other 2 actresses and paid price (good one I would say) for it. I don't think John Abraham has ever worked for me in comedy roles, and this film proves it again.

Anees last movie Mubarakan despite how bad it looked from trailer was still a decent watch with some laughs, but with 'Pagalpanti' he has just made what could easily be his worst film (No Problem would be a close 2nd to it). He's got 'Bhool Bhullaiya 2' next, so he better get his mojo back or the angry akki fans are coming.

My Rating : 2/10