Anurag Basu, one of those directors whose work I am fond of. Kites which hardly anyone liked, I loved. And this trailer of 'Barfi' is a class apart.

It reminds me  of 'The Artist' (for being dialogueless), Charlie Chaplin (kind of comedy in trailer) and Dhobi Ghat (the background theme is touching). Love the flirting shot of Ranbir at 0:37, or the one where he tries to woo Ileana who by the way looks so cute in the whole trailer, my latest crush. Priyanka is finally back into a character that demands lots of effort, the kind of roles I prefer to see her do and she is looking totally into this Jhilmil character.

Ranbir so easily looks different from Rockstar, could well be another of his 'not to forget' performances. Fingers crossed.

The shot where he is showing his anger (probably at Ileana), makes me remember Raj Kapoor.. The background theme is too beautiful.

Since both Ranbir and Priyanka won't have dialogues, the major portion of film would be without any dialogues. So, that means commercially I doubt people gonna like it. Still, hope they do.. most of times people dissappoint me in such cases.

Only problem as of now I have with film is its music director Pritam, he hasn't been in form lately. Hope his songs appeal like those 'Life in a Metro, Tum Mile' way. Also, the poster is a big let down.

Ranbir-Priyanka and Anurag Basu, I can almost fully trust on and hope Ileana has good enough role so that people may notice her, and she bags more hindi films(crush bol raha hai jee). Ranbir magic is on.. Dont worry, be barfi.


Yash.