I want to write a music review, but I wont hurry up.. Music always requires time to impress. Though most of the songs in this case have got my thumbs up already. Still, how strong is the repeat power usually describes a quality album.

To have Mohit Chauhan sing as Ranbir's voice in the film already was a great step, initially surprising but later I found it a awesome news. Come on see it from the point of film, in a musical film like this.. you couldn't have taken any better step than this. 

Out of 14 songs, 9 are sung by Mohit Chauhan, 2 are female songs and 3 background themes. 'Tum Ho' and 'Tum Ko' blend so beautifully with each other, former is boy's feelings for the girl, while the latter is girl's feeling for the boy. Infact girl track appears like a answer to the boy's love track. 'Nadaan Parindey' more like plead to the person to return back. 'Hawa Hawa' is a narration of some book story, could be a performance with kids, but I aint really sure about it yet. 'Sheher mein' is Rahman trademark, no doubts on it.. completely different and experimental.  'Aur Ho', is a sad rock song.. person going through too many things. 

'Kun Faaya Kun' is possibly the defining moment of the film, when rockstar is born at the steps of religious place, seeking blessings and finding himself. 'Jo bhi main' and 'Sadda Haq' are the outstanding tracks for me, didnt took time to love them. The former is on knowing the people around, and how he is not able to present his views properly through his words while the latter song is the angst against people. 'Phir se udh chala' and 'Kateya Karoon' are yet to catch up on me, though they are good tracks too, but not addicted yet to them.  And then the 3 themes.. all are good but my fav is 'Dichotomy of fame', too good! 

Also on twitter I read some people saying, quality of Rahman's songs decreasing. I mean if you said this for Blue I could understand it, even Jhootha hi Sahi was to slight extent agreeable. But how can you say this for 'Rockstar'.. some criticism is so unacceptable. Khair, I guess ignore is the only way out.. 

I think the music is in hands of good director 'Imtiaz ali', who should not fail to use it in the film properly. My expectations from the film are sky high, and if everything goes the right way, with no stupid melodrama or over the top stuff.. then it should be my best film of 2011. Btw Rockstar album already is the best one of this year now, since Jan it was 7 Khoon Maaf for me, Ra One came very close to beat it, but Rockstar managed to do it so easily. within 2 days. 

Bring on Rockstar this 11.11.11  .. 

Sadda Haq 
Aithe Rakh