And the unthinkable happened.. A year with 0 films in theatre (including all languages), and I fear that 2022 might be the same. But I still managed to watch 57 movies on the laptop/mobile which is pretty good. Among series, saw only 3.. got too busy in studies to give time. 'You' Season3 was fantastic, totally living upto the expectations while 'Money Heist' Season 5 Volume1 also brought back the interest in a show that always meant something for me even when I have never loved it like its fans do. 

Coming to the movies, it was initially a struggle but I managed to find quite lot of good films, interestingly most of the films that I enjoyed this time around all had a lighthearted atmosphere, be it Coda, Lunana, Belfast, Petite Maman or C'mon C'mon. You should definately give these 5 films a go if this kind of genre suits you, I won't call any of them gem but they serve the purpose of a very enjoyable viewing and sometimes (I am not the right person to say it) you just want to smile a lot while watching a movie specially if your own life is depressing. 

Then there was Spiderman that really worked for all the nostalgia it brought from previous franchises. King Richard was a surprise one in my list being not a fan of William Sisters, but couldn't ignore how good Will Smith was, you could draw parallels with Mahavir Phogat in some ways. Flee got robbed of an oscar possibly because it was a serious documentary animation movie and not a regular entertaining disney movie.

So, here's my complete list...


Best Hollywood/World Movies of 2021 : 


1. Coda
2. Lunana : A Yak in the Classroom
3. Belfast
4. Petite Maman
5. C'mon C'mon
6. Spiderman - No Way Home
7. King Richard
8. Flee
9. Tick..tick..Boom!
10. Dune

Mass, Red Rocket, Encanto, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Drive My Car miss out. 



Worst Hollywood/World Movies of 2021 : 


1. The Tragedy of Macbeth 
2. The Last Duel
3. Coming 2 America

Both 'The Tragedy of Macbeth' and 'The Last Duel' would feature in top10 of most's lists, but I found them too boring and a huge struggle to sit through. 'Coming 2 America' had the potential of being one of those films 'So bad that its fun', but it fails in that regards too. 



Disappointing Hollywood/World Movies of 2021 : 


1. Halloween Kills
2. No Time To Die
3. The Conjuring 3 : The Devil Made Me Do It 

Huge huge disappointment to see all of these three films not deliver, 'Halloween Kills' was the biggest because I was expecting some brain used in the way people would tackle Michael Myers but clearly it wasn't the case. 'No Time To Die' I felt would had gone in right track if it wasn't Daniel Craig's last movie as James Bond. Meanwhile 'The Conjuring 3' just didn't have those 'Wow' moments atleast I have got used to in the earlier 2 films of the franchise.