Directed by Marc Webb
Imdb link -> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0948470/

Peter Parker : I have got to stop him, because I created him.
Gwen  Stacy : That's not your job .. 
Peter Parker : Maybe it is.. 


For me, this super-hero is first of a kind.. because I haven't seen any of the previous spiderman movies. As always, I wanted a super-hero film to be full of action, stunts and heroics. But, this film focussed a lot on relationship of Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) and Gwen Stacey (Emma Stone). Also, the nerdy aspect of Peter, and the realisation of the powers he has just got. Inspite of that, I liked the film quite much.

Because its 1st film in the franchise, I can expect next one to be more pacy. The build up of character's has already happened in this part.

Background score by James Horner was superb. Dialogues were nice, though I felt the famous dialogue 'With great powers comes great responsibility' could had been retained. They instead, used it in a different way when Uncle Ben (Martin Sheen) gives the advice to Parker.

Screenplay was touch slow, but as I said the kind of narrative Marc Webb wanted.. it was always gonna be that way. Still, the 2nd half does have a better pace.

Andrew Garfield, I felt was very good especially in the part where he realised that he has just got some power, and the fear of controlling that power in me was so brilliantly enacted by him. Also, the nerdy romantic talks, like the 1st conversation in class with Gwen, or the asking for date, or when he wants to tell her something but isn't able to tell. That last one was one of my fav scene from the movie.

Emma Stone is my new crush, loved her looks as well as her acting. She has nice comic timing too.

Rhys Ifans (Dr.Connors/Lizard) was the perfect villian, the 1st scene with Parker and then the converting into a lizard sequence was very good.

Irffan Khan was good, much better than Anil Kapoor did in MI4. Though, the point remains the same, Indian actors aren't going to get meaningful roles in a English film. As seen in this film, his role is very much edited out, there was meant to be a scene where Lizard attacks him too, but no where in the movie (Unless its to come in 2nd part, which I doubt). Still, he gets one key sequence in the movie that eventually leads to twist in the narrative. Though, his accent was little bit irritating, but acting was as always spot on.

Martin Sheen's comic was very good, and so were his advices to Parker. Denis Leary scene with Parker was good one.


Waiting for 2nd part of 'The Amazing Spiderman', hoping it would be more on to the battle between Spiderman and the evil, and less on Parker and Gwen.