In continuation to the last post, do check previously posted songs in here - 

This week its time to remember 2 more gem of songs. 


• Hurt (by Johnny Cash)

Hugh Jackman in a still from 'Logan'

1st heard : Logan Trailer

Thoughts : 
A brilliantly cut trailer with this song that told a story of its own about Logan and how well portrays Wolverine's character. Wasn't a surprise to see so many fan-made edits based on 'Wolverine-Hurt'. And when I heard the whole track, its impact is even deeper. The lines 'What have I become my sweetest friend? Everyone I know goes away in the end' hits you so hard. A very emotional and depressing track with lyrics that I relate to very easily for most of the part. 
I wear this crown of thorns upon my liar's chair
full of broken thoughts, I cannot repair...



• Familiar (by Agnes Obel)

Anne Ratte-Polle and Angela Winkler in a still from 'Dark'


Thoughts : 
Since Dark is my all time fav series, so it will feature a lot in these posts. 'Familiar' was a track that's used at a point in the 1st season when things were getting very complicated, so this song comes as a relief to help know who is who, but at the same time it also captures the situation of every character at that point brilliantly. Also, it is sort of when I got that feeling that how madly I am gonna love this series. The starting tune of the song itself draws you in and then the vocals of Agnes Obel (including the chorus that sounds like male voice but is actually Agnes with pitched down vocals to make it feel like ghost) that talks about unconditional love wanting to go to a place where only you and your lover can be. 
And our love is a ghost that the others can't see
It's a danger.