Has it happened to you that you are watching a trailer or a series or even a film when suddenly a song starts playing and you are wondering 'Wow, how did I never knew about the existence of this song before?' 

I myself love to keep track of every new released Hindi album, but I never do that for English or other language songs. 

Here, I will share 2 such songs every week that I happily discovered by chance, and also why I loved it so much. 


Spiraling (by Jens Kuross)

Deaken Bluman in a still from '13 Reasons Why'


Thoughts : 
As far as I remember, they didn't use the song in the final season which they should have. I kept on listening the track on repeat mode during corona lockdown time, and it's still one of my favourites. Its a song that I find emotional, haunting and a touch dark at the same time. And the 'Keep it Spiraling' part plays with your head..
why don't you ever follow me into my dreams ? 


Separate Ways (Worlds Apart by Journey)

Sadie Sink, Priah Ferguson and Caleb McLaughlin in a still from 'Stranger Things'

Stranger Things Remix Version : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJkrQfN15w4

Thoughts : 
I know everyone who has seen Stranger Things 4th season loves 'Running up that Hill' and 'Master of Puppets' and so do I. But, I feel 'Separate Ways' got lot less love than it should had because it has to be one of the best used song. What's amazing here is that contrary to what the lyrics are, the track in the Stranger Things Remix version (my preferred of all) actually creates that haunting chilling feels and also sets up the mood for the finale episode.
you know I still love you, 
though we touched and went our separate ways