I wonder how many times should we hear a full album before rating it. For Instance, Tashan comes in mind which I initially found average but after I heard it 8-10 times, I ended giving it 3.25 out of 5. And now Jashn, where I found 2 songs mediocre and 1 song nice but when I heard it again n again I started loving them.

Also, one major aspect is the timing of song with your own mood. If you are in a good mood then you might not be able to love the sad songs that much as you could had in a low mood. So, does it mean one needs to be in sad mood while listening new sad songs? :O .

Now, there is a romantic song in the album which I found average initially but when I heard it at night in earphones, it had a deep effect on me . So, this makes me think that along with own mood, two more aspects are important. One is at what time you are listening what genre of song and other is the quality of the song.

I always feel romantic songs perfect time is after 12 midnight. The peaceful time, with no disturbance, and the amazing feel that comes with the song cant be described. First time, when I had noticed this was with Tumhe apna banane ki kasam khayi song on radio and I even remember the time, it was 12:45 am .

Also, When you hear the songs on Earphones, the quality is much better than with speakers and you end up connecting with songs more easily.

So, a album has so many aspects yet I doubt how many of music freaks would do so much. They would just give the songs 2-3 chances and then give their verdict out without thinking that they heard the songs in wrong mood or the quality was poor or the timing of listenings songs wasnt right etc etc.

Atleast I am not one of them, thats the reason I keep delaying my Music reviews as until I feel fully satisfied that this song has got its full due, I cant rate the album. And so many times it has happened that my Music Rating for a album goes high when the film releases due to the picturisation of the songs that adds additional points towards the liking of the song, though I wonder if the rating of the album should be increased for that or not.


Aneways, thats it ... Will be rating 3 music albums sooner. ;)


Hasta la Vista!