Directed by : Alfonso Cuaron
Imdb link -> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1454468/


Very good movie, but I couldn't connect to it. 


Read at your own risk, the post is full of spoilers.


Can it happen that you appreciate almost every aspect of movie, still you don't love the film ? It happens here for me. Probably I know the reason, I just couldn't connect to the movie  I have liked some of the sci-fi movies in past, so it can't be about the genre. But yea, a space based movie is another reason.

Now coming to the great points about the movie. Its about how Ryan (Sandra Bullock) tries to survive after getting invovled in a incident during her first shuttle mission. She along with Matt (George Clooney) are the only people who survive death, but not for long as they will soon be attacked again.

Sandra Bullock gives a splendid performance, to see the way she tries to fight the situation on her own, her own past story of her child keeps haunting her at times, and then those occasions when she thinks of giving up. Though, that Matt sequence shown in latter part of the movie somehow looked wierd to me.. or should I say bit un-realistic. Geroge Clooney more or less provides some humour to the movie.

The visuals without a doubt were the 1st thing to applaud about the movie, right from the 1st frame itself when the camera slowly moves back with no sound before astronaut's voices start coming. I could listen a girl in theatre whispering 'Woww' at that visual.

 Also, how earth looks from space visual.. and the sunrise/sunset ones were something to see in 3d Imax. And special mention to the scenes that have no sound or background score.

The film revolves around Ryan and Matt characters only, rest cast have hardly 1-2 minutes role. Whether they make it in the end or not, is what keeps you glued to the screen. The numerous troubles they face, when satellites keep coming towards them, or the shuttle gets destroyed were great to watch.

The same kind of reaction last time I had was with Avatar which also featured story filmed on a space away from earth.


Overall, Gravity is a very good film, but I just couldn't connect to it like I normally do with such films.  So, I can't use the lines 'Wow what a film I just saw' like many did, and no regrets. Its not compulsory to love every film that is regarded as special.