Directed by : Olivier Megaton
Imdb link -> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1397280/

If I kill you, your other sons will  come and seek revenge ? 'They will'. And I will kill them too.


There are films that are so much performance oriented, that even if its weak in rest departments, it matters very less as the movie has made a impact on you. Taken2 falls in that category for me, for the performance of Liam Neeson. I loved his performance, mind you that doesn't mean I am saying its a oscar worthy.

I haven't seen the 1st part yet, so I assume the starting 5-10 mins where Murad (Rade Serbedzija) pledges to take revenge of his son, must had been killed in last part. Retired CIA, Bryan (Liam Neeson) asks his ex-wife Lenore (Famke Janssen) and daughter, Kim (Maggie Grace) to come to Istanbul and spend some time with him, which would be a pleasant change for them too. But, he isn't aware that Murad is planning revenge not only against him but his wife and daughter too. Bryan and Lenore gets taken by Murad, but Kim escapes. Bryan insists her to go to embassy and be safe, but she has other plans as she wants to help her father and mom.

The love track between Bryan and Lenore doesn't work to me, again I am taking a guess that in part1 there would be scenes that describe how their relation failed. Maggie Grace over-acts a lot. While Rade Serbedzija never interests me, as normally the villian should be much more powerful but he never appeared to be so. The ending very much justifies that statement.

Liam Neeson is beyond brilliant, the way he uses memory when his eyes are closed to remember places on basis of voices he hears and the time it takes to reach a particular place (Reminded me of a hindi film qatl). And then later, he uses that same memory to relocate to the place where Murad is hiding. He's always one step ahead of his enemies, and the only time he misses is when his wife makes a mistake.

The action sequences are very good, they had the 'bourne series' feel, not just for the action but also the background score. Dialogues are good, especially Liam one's.


Taken2 is likeable only due to Liam Neeson, single handedly he carries the film from the start till the end.