Directed by : Declan Donnellan, Nick Ormerod

Its not enough to be loved, its so clear to me. 


A guy who manipulates and uses the influence of rich married woman's to his own advantage, to get rich. That's the one line plot of this movie which I believe is taken from some novel. 

I didn't like the concept of the film, but if I even accept it then also, the screenplay and the performances are very un-interesting. Robert Pattinson as the main lead, dissappointed me, his acting was out of sorts, at so many instances I felt I was watching a actor act, not a character in a scene. 

I liked Christina Ricci, she did a fairly good work in the film as the one who keeps loving Georges (Robert Pattinson) despite knowing he isn't the right person to be loved. Also, Uma Thurman's performance.. in two scenes specially, one where she quickly gets sex done with Georges so that he could focus on the work she wanted him to do first.. and the other where she tells what Georges in real is. 

It never looked clear, whether Georges felt guilty for using any woman, but were any of those woman's also not in the same league. For instance, Uma Thurman's character was bit tricky, with her relationship to that guy who comes every Tuesday. There's many things that are not properly told, and scenes which had in them to be built more properly, like the one where Georges gets angry over that guy related to his wife. 

And I didn't like the ending too. There's too much of fakeness the woman's do in the film, that is hard to accept. 


Bel Ami wasn't my kind of film..