Directed by : Mans Marlind and Bjorn Stein

My heart is not cold. It's broken.


Apart from the stunts, and to certain extent, the climax.. there's nothing much that I enjoyed in this film. Plus, the fact that vampire films I have never intended to watch, this was first of kind for me, and expectedly it didn't impress me.

The story is of Selene (Kate Beckinsale) who is trying to survive against the humans after her, Michael (her love) and her child Eve. She comes to know that she and her daughter are the subjects being treated upon by a doctor whose interest lies in something else.

There are some thrilling moments, and I like scenes between Selene and Eve. Selene's escape from hospital, the action sequence where Eve is taken for healing and the climax are some of the best portions in the film. Also, some good 3d sequences, for a change.

Screenplay is weak, Editing is fine. Mans Marlind and Bjorn Stein's direction isn't convincing.

Among performances, Kate Beckinsale shines in a very good performance. India Eisley is nice in a small role. Rest supporting cast are decent.


Overall, Underworld Awakening is a below average film.. watchable for Kate at best.