Whenever new songs release, we imagine the way songs would be picturised in the film. If the starcast is good then we imagine them along with putting ourselves also in the situation and if the starcast is not well known, we keep it just to ourselves. I dont know if everyone does it or not, but I do it. Sometimes, doing this creates expectations which might not meet when the film releases and the actual picturisation of the song appears. And then you are stuck with your own thought picturisation against the used one in the film.

My eg would be Jannat song, title track Jannat jahan where I had imagined that the song will show the actor getting mad over his success in earning money which was there in the film but the madness wasnt to the extent I had expected in my imaginations.

Now, love aaj kal songs, just thinking how the songs would be used, on which saif would be picturised etc etc. I think its quite natural, the more u think about a song, the more chances you would be able to connect to the song provided the song is good. Infact, speaking personally, I feel if you imagine situation of the song only then you are fully involved with the song. Though, opinions may differ here ;)

I think its fun doing it, the liking for a song simply doubles by just thinking of the background that song should have, how the song's emotion should come out through video.

If you havent done it till now, try once for a new album, you would love it. ;)