Has it happened to you that you are watching a trailer, a series, or even a film when suddenly a song starts playing, and you are wondering, "Wow, how did I never know about the existence of this song before?"

I myself love to keep track of every newly released Hindi album, but I never do that for English or other language songs.

Here, I will share two such songs every week that I happily discovered by chance through TV show soundtracks or movies, and also why I loved them so much.

Spiraling by Jens Kuross

Winston Williams (Deaken Bluman) examines developed photos in a darkroom in 13 Reasons Why Season 4

First Heard in 13 Reasons Why Final Trailer

Full Version Link

Thoughts on Spiraling

As far as I remember, they didn't use the song in the 13 Reasons Why final season, which they should have. I kept on listening to the track on repeat mode during the corona lockdown time, and it's still one of my favorites. It's a song that I find emotional, haunting, and a touch dark at the same time. And the 'Keep it Spiraling' part plays with your head.

Why don't you ever follow me into my dreams?

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) by Journey

Max, Erica, and Lucas prepare to enter the house to face Vecna in Stranger Things Season 4

First Heard in Stranger Things 4 Trailer

Original Version Link

Extended Remix Version Link

Stranger Things Remix Version Link

Thoughts on Separate Ways

I know everyone who has seen Stranger Things 4th Season loves 'Running up that Hill' and 'Master of Puppets,' and so do I. But, I feel 'Separate Ways' got a lot less love than it should have because it has to be one of the best-used songs. What's amazing here is that contrary to what the lyrics are, the track in the Stranger Things Remix version (my preferred of all) actually creates that haunting, chilling feel and also sets up the mood for the finale episode.

You know I still love you,
though we touched and went our separate ways.